Along with the increasing popularity of 3D printers, the suppliers are competing to provide new models with various prices. A 3D printer was identic with a pricey electronic gadget, but nowadays with less than 1000 dollars you could get your best 3D printers for your projects.
The question is, can you get a reliable 3D printer with that amount of money? Is there any good 3D printer with that price that gives you a good quality?
Herein, we provide a list that has clear and concise information regarding a wide range of 3D printers under $1,000 that you can find on the market.
Best 3D Printers under $1000
The fact that many manufacturers are currently producing a wide range of budget 3D printers makes it even more challenging to choose the ideal brand.
Mostly, this guide is here to help you in determining the best cheap 3D printer particularly when your budget does is limited.
So without further ado, let’s look at our top recommended 3D printers with a tag price less than 1000 dollars:
- Best 3D Printers under $1000
- 1. Flashforge Creator Pro 3D Printer – Best Dual Extruder 3D Printer Under 1000
- 2. XYZprinting Da Vinci 1.0 Pro – Popular Budget 3D Printer
- 3. Monoprice Maker Ultimate 3D Printer – With Manual Bed Leveling System
- 4. QIDI TECHNOLOGY 3DP-QDA16 – Cheap 3D Printer with Dual Extruder
- 5. Dremel Digilab 3D20 Printer – Best Under $1000 with PLA Filament Only
- 6. Robo R1+ ABS/PLA – Best Inexpensive 3D Printer with Big Build Volume
- 7. Flashforge Finder 3D Printer – Best Option for Less than $500
- 8. REPRAPGURU DIY RepRap Prusa I3 – Cheap 3D Printer for Beginner
- 9. Monoprice 115365 Select Mini 3D Printer – Top Choice for Mini 3D Printer
- 10. Da Vinci mini Wireless 3D Printer – Best Budget Mini 3D Printer
- Buying Guide: Aspect to Consider when Looking for Cheap 3D Printer
- Winding it up
|Name||Filament Types||Build Volume||Print Speed||Extruder Qty|
|Flashforge Creator Pro 3D Printer||ABS, PLA, PVA, HIPS, PETG, Nylon, Wood||227 x 148 x 150 mm||40-100 mm/s||2|
|Da Vinci 1.0 Pro||ABS, PLA, HIPS, PETG, Tough PLA, Wood||200 x 200 x 200 mm||60, 90 and 120 mm/s||1|
|Monoprice Maker Ultimate 3D Printer||ABS, PLA, PVA, HIPS, Flexible TPE/TPU, Metal, Wood||200 x 200 x 175 mm||Up to 300 mm/s||1|
|QIDI TECHNOLOGY 3DP-QDA16||ABS, PLA||225 x 145 x 150 mm||Up to 150 mm/s||2|
|Dremel Digilab 3D Printer||PLA||230 × 150 × 140 mm||80-120 mm/s||1|
|Robo R1+ ABS/PLA||ABS, PLA||254 x 228.6 x 203.2 mm||Up to 50 mm/s||1|
|Flashforge Finder 3D Printer||PLA||140 x 140 x 140 mm||40 to 200 mm/s||1|
|REPRAPGURU DIY RepRap Prusa I3||ABS, PLA, Wood, PVA, TPE||203 x 203 x 178 mm||50 mm/s||1|
|Monoprice 115365 Select Mini 3D Printer||ABS, PLA, PETG||120 x 120 x 120 mm||55 mm/s||1|
|Da Vinci mini Wireless 3D Printer||PLA, PETG, Tough PLA||150 x 150 x 150 mm||120 mm/s||1|
1. Flashforge Creator Pro 3D Printer – Best Dual Extruder 3D Printer Under 1000
If you ever heard about the famous MakerBot Replicator which cost more than $2000. Then this is the affordable 3D printer that will almost work similar in terms of features and result but comes at a lower price.
The Creator Pro is the most recent addition to the Flashforge Creator Pro 3D Printer family. This latest design comes with robust and advanced structural enhancements to the chassis.
Mainly, it utilizes pressed aluminum, increasing firmness and in the long run enhance the print quality. This Pro is enclosed, thus you can easily print ABS more efficiently and better than before.
This unit also comes with upgraded ergonomics, LED display, thumb screws as well as the keypad.
Integration of injection molded and panels, door, and hood enhance the efficiency of the heat retention chamber. This ultimately decreases the deformation of ABS 3D parts.
Lesser chances of deforming is an indication of more printing time and more fun as well. Nonetheless, the Creator Pro also comes with a comparatively thick Z-axis, which provides a relatively firm and clear-cut movement.
The appearance of this sleek equipment certainly gives you an impression of a serious performer. In fact, it merely works correctly given that every new enhancement and addition syncs together harmoniously.
Here are some of the outstanding features of this machine :
- Two extruders enabling for dual color 3D printing.
- A durable metal frame is substantially firmer than the initial Creator’s wood frame.
- New LED light system illuminating the build chamber.
- New integrated LCD screen and keypad board which offers accurate functionality.
- Compatible with different types of filament material and never locked on Flashforge material.
- Warp-resistant 6.3mm aluminum build board which maintains its perfect level even when under high heat stress.
- A heavy duty z-axis guide rod of 10mm is ensuring steady and accurate movement.
- An acrylic cover which encases the chamber as a way of insulating and protecting different prints.
- Comes with two ABS 1.75mm filament and 3 table stickers
- Supported Filament Types: ABS, PLA, PVA, HIPS, PETG, Nylon, Wood
- Print Speed: 40-100 mm/s
- Build Volume: 227 x 148 x 150 mm
- FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication) print technology
- Layer Resolution: 100~500 microns
- Product weights: 14.8 kg (32.7 lbs)
- 0.4 mm nozzle diameter
- Manual bed leveling
- SD, USB cable connectivity
2. XYZprinting Da Vinci 1.0 Pro – Popular Budget 3D Printer
The XYZ Printing da Vinci 1.0 Pro 3-in-1 bears several numbers in its name given that it performs multiple functions.
For slightly less than $1000, you can get this 3D printer which allows you to print with PLA and ABS filament, alongside 3D scanner.
Moreover, this unit gives you an additional laser engraver so that you can etch plastic, wood and other materials.
Its compatibility with third-party 1.75 mm filaments gives it an edge by enabling you to choose your type of filament as well as mechanical properties to use.
The Da Vinci software running this machine also allows you to adjust multiple settings including speed, print support, and retraction. This software comes in handy because it is designed for all users irrespective of the skill level. So first timers would find this printer ideal for exploring and printing all the complex and creative ideas.
- Compatibility with third-party filament materials making it possible for you to select your preferred brand.
- Comes with da Vinci software for natural multiple settings adjustments hence enhancing efficiency and final quality prints.
- An improved sturdy aluminum print surface is providing a homogeneous heat distribution thus reducing warping.
- An integrated calibration system with auto-loading filament abilities that detects height and gives calibration instructions.
- Equipped with wireless LAN connectivity enabling you to send and print tasks wirelessly from your PC or laptop.
- LCD screening to help in quickly determining the specific functions you want to perform.
- An optional laser engraver add-on is making it possible for you to sketch your path using different materials thus enhancing your creativity.
- Extruder Qty: 1
- Filament Types: ABS, PLA, HIPS, PETG, Tough PLA, Wood
- Printing Speed: 60, 90 and 120 mm/s
- Volume: 200 x 200 x 200 mm
- FFF technology
- Single nozzle print head
- Dimension : 18.4″ x 22″ x 20″ (468 x 558 x 510 mm)
- Product weights : 23 kg (50.71 lbs)
- 1.75 mm filament diameter
- Software support multi-language
- USB 2.0 Cable, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity
- Windows 7 and above and Mac OS 10.8 and above operating systems.
3. Monoprice Maker Ultimate 3D Printer – With Manual Bed Leveling System
For a long time now, Monoprice has established its reputation as inexpensive 3D printer but high-quality manufacturer of various components.
The machine is well-priced and provides some of the outstanding performance in addition to other features.
The Monoprice Maker Ultimate 3D Printer is a relatively heavy one. Of course, this is a result of the fact that it is designed using heavy, black, anodized metal.
The construction of this machine contains the moving parts as well as enabling you to add covers for the openings if there is a need.
Nevertheless, this machine has an adapting and mechanical procedure and software that is highly indicative of top-notch 3D printers that cost double or triple as much.
Another great thing about this machine is that you can easily replace its parts such as hot end when there is need given that they’re also readily available online.
This unit is a rebadge of the Chinese-made Wanhao Duplicator 6, the reason you’ll find it labeled with the name IIIP.
- Supports SD card/USB connection so that you can quickly create your prints conveniently and faster.
- Supports different types of 1.75 mm filament materials hence reducing the possible limitation on the specific kind of filament to use.
- Comes with a user-friendly Cura IIIP Edition software installed on the SD card for facilitating faster and straightforward print process.
- Offers three print quality settings which are fundamental in determining the precision and swiftness of printing your object.
- Exceptionally sturdy construction with sides welded to an aluminum sheet and the other components attached to this robust frame.
- Ultra high precision which makes it possible for you to create extremely high-quality prints with reasonably smooth surfaces and precision details.
- An anti-jam feeder that feeds the filament consistently hence preventing cases of attrition in case you have a long print.
- Extruder Qty: 1
- Printing Speed: Up to 300 mm/s
- Volume: 200 x 200 x 175 mm
- Filament Types: ABS, PLA, PVA, HIPS, Flexible TPE/TPU, Metal, Wood
- CURA software needed for this printer works on Windows, Ubuntu Linux, Mac OS X
- Dimensions : 14.2″ x 17.3″ x 18.9″ (360 x 440 x 480 mm)
- Product Weighs : 13.9 kg (30.6 lbs)
- 1.75 mm filament diameter
4. QIDI TECHNOLOGY 3DP-QDA16 – Cheap 3D Printer with Dual Extruder
The QIDI Tech 3D is one of the most reliable printers with features and capabilities that match some of the high-end 3D printers like Flashforge Creator Pro.
However, it is the price that keeps it different from others given that it is available at far much lower cost than the other high-end 3D printers. But the quality, features, and performance are more or less similar to the highly rated 3D printing machines.
The QIDI Tech 3D printer has a sturdy construction with a metal frame which makes it relatively heavy and stable. This machine also has a plate made from aviation grade aluminum. Now, this is essential since it helps to prevent warping that might result from the temperature of 49 degrees Celsius.
Furthermore, this unit also has an upgraded circuitry which is also essential because it prevents static during printing. Assembling this cheap 3D printer is also comparatively easy and faster. You get all the instructions on the SD card which are simple to follow.
Alternatively, you can use YouTube instructional videos, and within a short time, you’ll be done with assembling this equipment.
- The QIDI Tech 3D printer is compatible with different Operating Systems including Linux, Windows, and Mac OSX giving you many options to choose from.
- Comes with dual extruder making it possible for multi-color printing options.
- The two extruders are made of an aviation grade aluminum plate which enables this unit to operate well even under extremely adverse conditions.
- Supports printing of ABS and PLA among other without experiencing any form of quality or technical problems.
- Uses Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) which gives it an exceptional layering performance
- Rugged and sturdy construction which provides stability during operation and can also endure rough handling when using or shipping it.
- Supports SD/Tether and PC connection which is essential as it gives you ideal alternatives to use when you want to print your material.
- Side panels and top panels are magnetic so no need to print something up for them to hold.
- Comes with dual extruder
- Only support ABS and PLA filaments
- 0.4 mm nozzle diameter
- Print Speed: Up to 150 mm/s
- Build Volume: 225 x 145 x 150 mm
- Layer resolution of 100 micron
- 1.75 filament diameter
- Dimensions : 18.3″ x 12.6″ x 14.76″ (465 mm x 320 mm x 375 mm)
- Product Weighs : 21 kg ( 46.3 lbs )
5. Dremel Digilab 3D20 Printer – Best Under $1000 with PLA Filament Only
You probably might know Dremel as one of the famous manufacturers of rotary tools and equipment for DIY projects.
What’s interesting is that it’s the same company that has since ventured into manufacturing of 3D printers. Incidentally, this is something that has been synonymous with most of the 3D manufacturers.
They known as a company that produce a high end one, most of their printer cost you more than $1,000 except for the Dremel Digilab 3D20. It is smartly designed for an entry level.
One exceptional thing regarding this equipment is its solid construction which reduces its chances of breaking when in transit or when using it.
The reasonably large touchscreen on this printer has a simple menu that is easy to understand and follow when operating it.
The software that this equipment runs on is user-friendly and straightforward. So it doesn’t matter whether you’re a novice or experienced user, you’ll be able to use the software effortlessly.
You won’t spend much time trying to set up this machine. And if you’re a tech-savvy hobbyist, it possible that you’ll enjoy the consistency and quality of print output that the Dremel Digilab 3D20 printer provides.
- Quite sizeable thus ideal for working with it from a workbench or a table.
- Enclosed frames with transparent plastic doors and lid which opens easily hence allowing access to the print bed when there’s need.
- Flexible software that is compatible with different types of devices including PC, Ipad, Mac, a laptop among others.
- Comes with a full-color LCD 5-inch touchscreen which helps in facilitating different printing operations and relaying other parameter commands.
- Has a USB port for connecting USB cables from a PC to allow for printing of the 3D images.
- Supports its only PLA which is non-toxic and recyclable making it safe to use even at home since it causes no harm at all even to the children within the vicinity.
- Extruder Qty: 1
- Only support PLA
- Printing speed: 80-120 mm/s
- Build volume: 230 × 150 × 140 mm
- Product weights : 8.845 kg ( 19 lbs )
- Dimensions : 15.7″ x 19.1″ x 13.2″ (400 mm x 485 mm x 335 mm)
- Clear plastic side doors and a lid.
- Glass build plate material
- Semi-automated build plate leveling
6. Robo R1+ ABS/PLA – Best Inexpensive 3D Printer with Big Build Volume
The Robo R1+ provides compactness and versatility when it comes to 3D printing. When you obtain this machines, it comes fully assembled and will only need a few adjustments to become functional.
This prints can print using PLA and ABS materials which is necessary since these are the most common types in the market.
In fact is the metal-hot-end which makes it possible for this unit to print with various types of materials. Incidentally, the Robo R1+ can create wide range of objects of varying sizes and shapes.
If you compare the moderate price for this printer with the epic features and cutting-edge performance it offers, then it becomes so easy to decide to purchase it.
Nevertheless, it supports SD card so that you can only print your objects directly from the card without necessarily wiring your PC to the printer.
It is this feature which makes this cheap 3D printer suitable for multiple users. And that’s why it is a typical machine in classrooms, businesses and other settings where numerous users are likely to be.
The automatic leveling and calibration of this 3D printer also set it apart from the other available types given that it enhances the overall printing efficiency.
It can also print using a single color at any specific time given that it prints using one extruder.
- Comes with linear motion screws which are fundamental in enhancing print quality, performance, and reliability of the machine.
- Automatic bed leveling and calibration strengthen the ability to attain accurate prints, which layers up to a resolution of 100 microns.
- Reasonably significant build volume of up to 720 cubic inches which helps to print somewhat large and excellent prints.
- Heated print beds which help to prevent uneven cooling and warping of the parts of the prints.
- Comes with an SD card to make your printing work easy and not necessarily tied to print from your PC or laptop for that matter.
- Compatible with different types of filament materials including PLA and ABS among others.
- Single head extrusion which allows the printer to print only using one color at any specific time.
- Single extruder (0.4 mm nozzle)
- Print Speed: Up to 50 mm/s
- Build Volume: 254 x 228.6 x 203.2 mm
- Filament Types: ABS, PLA
- 1.75mm filament diameter
- 5 Nema 17 motors
- Heated build platform
- High quality linear motion system
- FFF print technology
- Product Weighs : 9.5 kg ( 21 lbs )
- Dimension : 17.1″ x 18.1″ x 15.1″ (433.8mm x 459.7mm x 383.54 mm)
7. Flashforge Finder 3D Printer – Best Option for Less than $500
The Flashforge Finder is unquestionably one of the recommended 3D printers on the market most suitable for education and home users.
This printer offers ultra-quality with a dual extrusion technology which is vital for providing an excellent learning experience to 3D printing projects.
Incidentally, this unit also provides the most significant user experience which you can rarely find in other budget-friendly 3D printers.
Printing with this machine is relatively straightforward, and it can start printing you immediately remove it from the box as it only needs a few adjustments.
The Flashforge Finder also prints with non-toxic PLA material, and all the possible heated components are safeguarded from the touch.
The design construction of this machine is merely perfect and appealing to the eye. All cables are hidden from sight enhancing the safety of the user and the device too.
Nonetheless, the sound level is reasonably low making it a suitable printer to have around whether at home or workplace where people also need to do other tasks.
Furthermore, the Flashforge Finder allows you to send the image you want it to print via a wireless connection.
This is great given that you don’t have to tag your PC or laptop to the printer when you’re in need of printing.
The finder is also optimized to remind you of any incident in case distance between the plate, and the nozzle is appropriate.
- A sleek frame without any sharp edges and a plastic alloy cover which conceals all the printer cables from any possibility of touching hence guaranteeing safety to the user and other people around.
- Second generation W-Fi connection for transmitting 3D files from your PC or laptop thus improving efficiency since there’ll be no interruption even when your PC goes off or runs in standby mode.
- 3.5-inch full-color LCD touchscreen that displays intuitive icons which make operating of this printer quite comfortable from the moment you start using it.
- Ultra-silent so that it allows you to work correctly on other tasks without the irritating printing sounds.
- Removable blade plate function is hence reducing any possible incidents of damaging the plate surface.
- Cutting-edge, user-friendly software ideal for both novice and experts making it possible for you to get unusual 3D objects from this printer easily.
- Intelligent leveling system which offers excellent precision and easier calibration for efficient 3D printing.
- Faster slicing speed which enables you to print out your images relatively quick and subsequently saving an ample time.
- Extruder Qty: 1
- Filament Types: PLA
- Printing Speed: 40 to 200 mm/s
- Build Volume: 140 x 140 x 140 mm
- Dimensions: 16.5″ x 16.5″ x 16.5″ (420mm x 420mm x 420 mm)
- Weight: 20kg ( 44.09 lbs )
- Uses non-toxic PLA only
- FFF printing technology
- Layer resolution: 100-500 microns
- Filament diameter: 1.75 mm
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
- Supports English and Chinese languages
8. REPRAPGURU DIY RepRap Prusa I3 – Cheap 3D Printer for Beginner
The RepRap Prusa I3 is one of the most affordable 3D printers that you can ever find at the moment.
Currently, with a price tag of less than $300, there is entirely no reason why you would never miss the opportunity to own this type of printer if at all you’re indeed interested in using it for various projects.
This machine has a beautiful 8X8 inches heated build area capped with a unique piece of borosilicate glass.
Moreover, the RepRap Prusa I3 allows you to print your 3D images right from the SD card. It merely implies that you do not necessarily need to connect your computer or laptop to this machine using the cables to print.
You can transfer the 3D file to the SD card, and then put it into the SD card slot on this machine, and you’ll be ready to print.
This machine also has a solid construction using materials made from cast acrylic and plastic which gives it a desirable sleek, professional look and durable design.
Other than that, this machine also works well with different types of materials including PLA, ABS as well as dissolvable PVA and metal composites.
As if that isn’t enough, the RepRap Prusa I3 is a USA product, so the company ensures that all the users get accessible and efficient tech support.
- LCD touchscreen that allows you to insert and read the card hence making it possible for you to print the file directly from the printer.
- A 1.75 mm direct feed extruder fitted with 0.4mm nozzle which is compatible with different types of filament materials including ABS and PLA.
- Durable construction using high-grade materials which prevent it from breaking or damaging during printing or shipping.
- A unique spool holder is making it possible for the filament material to hung off the frame thus increasing the efficiency of printing the 3D file.
- Heated bed made of real Borosilicate glass allowing the elements that require the heated surface to print appropriately.
- Supports Mac OS, Windows and Linux operating systems which is essential because you end up with different options and flexibility.
- Extruder Qty: 1
- Filament Types: ABS, PLA, Wood, PVA, TPE
- Printer Speed: 50 mm/s
- Build Volume: 203 x 203 x 178 mm
- FFF/FDM Technology
- 1.75mm filament diameter
- 100-400 microns layer resolution
- Acrylic frame
- Dimensions : 17″ x 18″ x 15″ ( 431 mm x 457 mm x 381 mm )
- Product Weighs : 9.07 kg ( 20 lbs )
9. Monoprice 115365 Select Mini 3D Printer – Top Choice for Mini 3D Printer
The Monoprice Select Mini is one of those affordable 3D printers that proves to be compact and reliable in printing 3D files.
This machine is unlike some low-cost printers which tend to come with ill-fitted components that take you many hours searching on the internet on how to assemble and use it.
One thing about this unit is that it comes ready assembled such that since the manufacturer has already taken care of its calibration.
The moment you get it all you need is a simple verification process and a few adjustments to make sure that the default setting is correct.
Also, the verification is to help in checking whether or not the bed level is still okay since it’s highly likely to shift when shipping.
In short, you can start using this printer immediately you remove it from the box. This is unique since you can hardly find a low price 3D printer that gives you direct ready to print function.
Heated build plate and different extruder temperatures allow this machine to support a wide range of filament materials, including PLA, ABS and dis-solvable PVA among others.
The design of Monoprice Select Mini is also relatively small but contains all the essential elements that increase efficiency and quality of prints.
- Supports USB and SD connectivity and also has an inbuilt Wi-Fi giving it the necessary flexibility to print materials using different alternatives.
- Compatible with different types of filament materials meaning you can use any brand of the filament which is a significant way makes it possible for you to save money in the long run.
- Innovative construction with an aesthetic appeal with an open frame design thus allowing you to reach the objects inside easily.
- Bowden extruder clearly which is an indication that the motor which drives the filament is out of reach of the print head. The impact of this is that it reduces bulk moving leading to minimizing vibration and subsequent better print quality.
- Fully calibrated at the factory level and comes with a heated bed making it possible for you to start printing right away.
- Supports a wide range of software including Cura and Repetier among others thus enhancing its usability and user-friendliness.
- Filament types: ABS, PLA, PETG
- Single extruder
- Printer Speed: 55 mm/s
- Build Volume: 120 x 120 x 120 mm
- 1.75 mm filament diameter
- Product Weighs : 4.5 kg ( 9.9 lbs )
- Dimensions : 13.5″ x 11.3 x 7.5″ (343mm x 287mm x 190 mm)
- Layer resolution: 100 microns
10. Da Vinci mini Wireless 3D Printer – Best Budget Mini 3D Printer
The da Vinci mini Wireless 3D Printer is incidentally designed for beginners but at the same time provides excellent user-experience even to the experts in this sector.
This machine gives you a lot of printing performance by producing good quality 3D prints at a reasonable printing speed.
This unit is easy to assemble given that it comes with straightforward instructions that you can understand and execute faster.
This machine has a modest build volume of six cubic inch, which is ideally suitable for a newbie in 3D printing in addition to the colorful design.
The da Vinci mini Wireless 3D printer functions seamlessly by using an auto-calibration. At that particular time, the LED display shows the status of the system.
Other than being an excellent choice for getting into the 3D world, this machine is also suitable pick for those who are conscious of the environment.
- LED status indicator for rationalizing the printing functionality via a single button as well as different LED colors showing printing status.
- Compatible with XYZmaker software which is simple and suitable for 3D printing newbies.
- PLA filaments made from natural compounds making it environmentally friendly guaranteeing safety at your workplace or home.
- Wireless connection to home or office network making it easy to print a wide range of 3D files whether at home, work or any other specific place with network access.
- Compact size is making it highly portable and occupies a lesser space within your office or home.
- Smart cartridges with the ability to detect whenever the filament runs low and needs replacement, therefore, increasing the efficiency of this machine.
- Auto-calibration before every new print thus improving the convenience and precision when printing 3D files.
- Concealed extruder nozzle thus guaranteeing safety to the user from any possible accidental burns.
- Solid construction with a colorful design featuring black and orange which creates excellent aesthetic appeal.
- One extruder
- Printer Speed: 120 mm/s
- Build Volume: 150 x 150 x 150 mm
- Filament Types: PLA, PETG, Tough PLA
- Dimensions : 15.36″ x 13.19″ x 14.18″ (390mm x 335mm x 360 mm)
- Product Weighs : 6.85 kg (15.1 lbs)
- 1.75mm filament diameter
- Orange and black colors
Buying Guide: Aspect to Consider when Looking for Cheap 3D Printer
Undoubtedly, with the 3D printers becoming favorite day by day, it becomes difficult to buy the most suitable one for your needs especially with price under $1000.
The confusion gets, even more, because most of these 3D printers including the high-end that are relatively expensive do not have the typical names that we’re familiar.
So in this section, I want us to look at some of the essential elements to look into when you’re selecting a 3D printer to purchase, primarily as a first-timer.
1. Build Volume
This mainly refers to the printing space available. You have to choose the ideal size for your prints. You should never at any point think that buying a cheap 3D printer with a more significant build volume is the only viable option.
It follows that some prints need a printer with smaller build volume and when you print them using one with bigger printing space then it reduces the quality.
Therefore, you have first to understand the kind of projects that you want to do using the printer as a way of establishing one with suitable build volume.
2. Material compatibility
You also need to check the type of filament material that your preferred 3D printer is compatible with. Typically, most of them in the market work with ABS and PLA filaments.
But it is still imperative to assess this element in a printer because you’ll find some that use more than these common two types.
Again, there are those that use specific types of filament material hence the need of making sure that you look into its compatibility before purchasing it.
Incidentally, it helps you in a significant way because at the end of the day you need a 3D printer that suits your needs and one that offers the best service for your 3D printing tasks.
3. Usability of the software
All 3D printers are operated by software. But when buying one, you need to evaluate whether you’re familiar with the particular software.
What happens is that an ideal software should be user-friendly, configurable and powerful. Choosing a printer that comes with software that is easy to use is the best option for an ordinary user unless you’re a tech-savvy individual.
The good thing with most of the 3D printers, however, is that they tend to be open source and designed for enthusiasts.
Thus it means that in most cases the users will often want to explore regarding the software and hardware to understand how they work and how they can modify them to enhance the performance.
Resolution of the 3D printer ultimately affects the outcome of printing and finishing of small 3D files. The fact that a printer is relatively affordable does not suggest that it should have lower resolution.
It is quite evident that a 3D printer with high resolution tends to print even the tiniest objects quite clearly and to provide a precise and smoother finishing.
So in the long run, you’ll realize that choosing a printer with high resolution will benefit you in the long term since it will allow you to get decent quality prints.
3D printers work under extremely high temperatures. So it is possible that you or any other person around the area can suffer from severe accidental burns.
So you’ll find that some models have enclosures to protect the users from burning, but then the enclosure’s materials can still become hot. Again, some models do not have such attachments.
Therefore, if you’re buying a printer to use at home where children and pets are available, you need to ensure that you get one which guarantees safety.
If you’re unfamiliar with how the printer works and the components, it is advisable to go for one that has enclosures.
Also, you need to consider the fumes that emanate from the burning plastics and the ideal way of handling this is by placing the printer in a well-ventilated room.
The fumes can cause discomfort and be unsuitable for children or pets around.
Winding it up
As you’ve seen, there is entirely a lot that revolves around 3D printers and printing. For that reason, understanding the different aspects of this machine becomes fundamental.
The market for 3D printers is still developing, but at least as at now, these are the top and highly recommended low-cost 3D printers that you can choose to purchase if you’re looking for one.
Of course, the power of ultimate decision lies with you and your choice will be determined by the specific factors you need which meet your needs.
But in overall, the ones listed here are among the best you should go for, your budget notwithstanding.